Sunday, May 1, 2011

Motherly Love

I experienced my first real mother/daughter outing yesterday at my church.  The event: A mother/daughter tea.  The theme: 'Purses and Pearls'.  My daughter expressed her excitement about dressing up together and going with me on this outing. 

The decorations were beyond fantastic, the atmosphere beyond welcoming and the girls beyond beautiful.  As I watched all the mother/daughter groups enter, I could not help but become homesick for my mother.  See, my mom lives four hours away and comes in about once a month.  Her and I experienced so much together and stayed by each other's side through it all.  I often long to see her, especially when I am hit with rough times.  I long for her to take all the pain away with a smile, a hug and just the right words.  I know her love for me is unconditional.

Yes, I am 28 years old and still cry for my mother often.  There are times you just want your mom to take you in her arms and tell  you it will be okay.  I experienced many of those times in the past few weeks.  Nothing beats the comfort from your own mom.

 For this is what the LORD says:
   “I will extend peace to her like a river,
   and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream;
you will nurse and be carried on her arm
   and dandled on her knees.
As a mother comforts her child,
   so will I comfort you;
   and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.”
 When you see this, your heart will rejoice
   and you will flourish like grass;
the hand of the LORD will be made known to his servants,
   but his fury will be shown to his foes.
(Isaiah 66:12-14) 

Wait one minute.  My mom may not have been present physically, but I know she prayed for me.  I know she asked God to comfort me as she would comfort me.  Guess what?  He did just that.  God is our comfort through those hard times.  He sits with open arms, ready to wrap around you and just love you through it all.  His love is unconditional.  He provides a smile, a hug and just the right words to erase all your pain. 

I believe God sends mothers here so as to love, comfort and teach.  He asks of a mother to do all these through His Truths.  As a mother continually points her child to Him, the child builds their faith and knows God will be with them wherever they may go (see Joshua 1:8-9).

God blessed me with two wonderful children.  I pray I may provide them motherly love but also build them a Christian foundation so they know where to turn for answers (see Proverbs 22:6).  May God work through me to love, comfort and teach.  He trust me with two of His Children and I will work diligently for Him to fulfill His Plan.

God thank you for today.  Thank You for blessing me with my two children.  May You bless other women with motherhood.  Bless those with fertility struggles who long to be a mother.  We all know it is in Your perfect timing.  Be with those whose heart breaks with each unsuccessful try to become pregnant, so they may hang on and know You are building them up for motherhood.  Thank You for the perfect timing or our children.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment