Sunday, May 8, 2011

No PH.D Required

Maid
On call always!
Time keeper
Hair stylist
Educator
Referee

These encompass just a few roles mothers play.  We have not earned a PH.D.  You will not see The Mother's Awards on TV.  Our paycheck doe not come in dollars and cents.  No diploma from culinary school exists.

Yes, as mothers we let go of much.  We never 'clock out'.  We choose PB&J sandwiches over steak and potatoes.  Minivan over sports car.  The beauty shop with the best coupon deal over a day at the spa.  Barney Live over visiting a local playhouse.  Rest becomes extinct.

Is it all worth it?

YES!  God trusted us with His most precious creation.  The greatest reward is knowing this simple fact.  We receive payment each time our little one comes and says, "I love you" or wraps those loving arms around our leg.  The experiences of motherhood outweigh any other pleasures in life.  The laughter they provide daily keeps my spirit joyous.  The knowledge and skills displayed brings me pride.  The comments confirm they listen when my husband and I plant seeds. 

 May your father and mother rejoice;
   may she who gave you birth be joyful! (Proverbs 23:25)

Start children off on the way they should go,
   and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

(Proverbs 22:6)

Children are a heritage from the LORD,
   offspring a reward from him. (Psalm 127:3)
 

I believe today is much more than just thanking your mother.  I believe today is a day to appreciate the gift of motherhood.  You do not need to go through the birthing process for God to bless you with a child.  He blesses women through many avenues.  No matter the case, being a mother remains the most difficult job delegated from God.  But, rest assured in knowing God works through you and our strength is in Him.  Look to Him every day, so He may provide the words needed to build children up, love without conditions, teach and not preach and set the example He planned.  Keep Him at the center so your children may do the same.  

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for placing me here to be a mother.  May I be a vessel for You to grow these children up to love and serve You.  Today I need no praise or thanks for I failed You many times in the area of motherhood.  Today I need only thank my children for loving me for me.  Today I need only thank You for trusting me with two beautiful children.  May I throw out my ME box and focus on them each day.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment