Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fate or Faith

Fate - Destiny - Consequence - Chance - Luck - Fortune

fate is an event or a course of events that will inevitably happen in the future or the supposed force or power that predetermines events

luck is a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person

REALLY?

Life based on these thoughts seems empty to me.  How could a person be confident?  No base for your future.  You simply cross you fingers and wish for luck to strike.  If life operates by chance or a "supposed force", then faith cannot exist.

We serve a God who is so much more.  He planned our life.  He knows the words you will say before you speak (see Psalm 139).  He created every part and placed it exactly where He saw beautiful!  This knowledge may be too much to grasp.  In comes FAITH.  In comes TRUST in Our Creator.

"The LORD makes firm the steps
   of the one who delights in him;
though he may stumble, he will not fall,
   for the LORD upholds him with his hand." (Psalm 37:23-24)

God places doors in front of us, places people in our lives, pours blessings over us and loves us every step of the way.  All we must do is trust in Him and praise Him for the work He created in us.  We must take steps in faith through the door He opens.  He will not let us down!
 
"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:4) 

Our life is not a gamble, it is perfectly planned by Our Creator.  It is not by fate or luck we were born.  He chose us to be His Children and carry out a work for Him until Jesus comes for us.  How awesome!

God thank you for today.  Thank You for planning my every day so I need not worry about anything.  You have made the decisions for me.  I need not cross my fingers and wish for luck to come my way.  I believe and hope in You.  May I be still and hear which step I must take next.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment