Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feeding the Spirit

Just a few words from Him:

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
(2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

"For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;" (Psalm 91:11)

  "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." (James 4:10)

"For no word from God will ever fail.” (Luke 1:37)

 "But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.  You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness." (Romans 6:17-18)

"As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance."
(1 Peter 1:14)

". . .For the battle is not yours, but God’s." (2 Chronicles 20:15)

"I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?  Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?" (Glatians 3:2-4)


So, I must focus on Him daily and not get caught up in the storm surrounding me.  May I continue through this sea of crashing waves without drowning as the Israelites walked through the sea on dry ground.  I must take each step in faith, leaning on His Word and knowing He will not let me be destroyed.


"So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left."
 (Deuteronomy 5:32)

God thank you for today.  Thank You for speaking to me ever so gently.  I must regain my focus on You.  I know You will lead me down the path to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment