Sunday, May 15, 2011

True Friendship

Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis:
  • The tendency to desire what is best for the other.
  • Sympathy and Empathy 
  • Honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
  • Mutual understanding and compassion 
  • Trust in one another (able to express feelings - including in relation to the other's actions - without the fear of being judged); able to go to each other for emotional support
  • Positive reciprocity - a relationship is based on equal give and take between the two parties.
In today's society True Friendships seem scarce.  The connection between people may easily be broken in this fallen world.  Humans let us down.  God remains true, never leaving or forsaking.  God ALWAYS demonstrates the above list (found on Wikipedia) and so much more. 

So, why would we deny Him?  Why run from this true friendship? 

It takes more energy to maintain Earthly relationships.  God accepts us always with open arms.  He loves us without condition.  Wow, what a true friend! 

"Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:12-13)

We need not travel to find this true friend.  He is everywhere.  All we need is faith, seeking Him with all our heart.  The relationship continues as you study with Him and learn His Truths.

I have been fortunate in life to find a few true friends.  God blessed me with human comfort here and continues to show Himself through these close friends.  Once we acknowledge Him, blessings and relationships may grow.  He opens our eyes to see the sincerity in each other's heart.

I was able to visit one of those friends this weekend.  She always listens, always loves and cares about me.  No matter the length between visits, we connect like we spoke for hours just the day before.  Thank You God for this blessing in my life.

God thank you for today.  Thank You for the opportunity to share good times with family and friends.  May I continue to focus on You and see the true friendship You provide every day.  May I not rely on Earthly relationships to keep me uplifted, but know You are constant and will never let me down.  May I continue to pray and spend each day in relationship with You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment