Friday, May 13, 2011

A Willing Heart

The struggles I encounter each day send my anxiety racing.  I often feel I cannot do this.  I lack the strength to be the mom He planned for me.  My selfish mind prevents playing the role of supportive wife.  The negative thoughts I must battle daily limits my ability to serve Him.  My worthless mindset restricts the love I may show to others. 

How can I uplift if I feel I hold nothing to offer?  How can I serve if I feel no strength to fulfill the roles He placed in my life?  How can I move from my ME box to serve Him 100%? 

The closer I walk with God and the more I study His Truths, I realize I CANNOT do this on my own.  It is only through Him that I may find strength.  He never grows tired or weary.  As I serve with my heart and mind the best I can, He will take care of the rest.
"Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:28-31)

He uses those with a willing heart - who show availability (see Exodus 36:2).  Though I may feel weak, I know my hope can be placed in Him.  He will direct my path and carry me in His Hands.

I shall not run and hide from all these struggles.  I now run to Him.  His arms are open wide and He understands and holds every answer (read lyrics from Chris Tomlin's song - "Come Home Running").  God placed me exactly where He planned.  Through prayer, He will guide my every step so I do not fall.  I am on my knees at the feet of Jesus, humble, ready and willing to serve wherever needed.

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for every day you bring for me to serve You.  May I stay focused and not stray when life becomes difficult.  Without You, life is empty.  May I continue running to You so to hear You and follow Your Word.  Keep a hedge of protection around my weak heart so satan's lies may not come through.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment