Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shifting Thoughts

"Everything happens for a reason."
I say : God has a plan and purpose in mind for each of us.
(Ephesians 1:11-12)

"Things will get better."
I say : God works all things out for the good of those who love and believe in Him.
(Romans 8:28)

"You can do this."
I say : Lean on Him.  Through Him all things are possible.  Through Him you find strength.
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

"Get over it."
I say : Get through it.  Grow and learn from every trial.
(Hebrews 12:7-8)

"Avoid tough situations.  If you don't like it, change it."
I say : Do not flee from the path which God placed before you.  Avoid temptation to run when things get rough as the Israelites did in Egypt.  The promised land lies ahead.  Keep your focus on Him.
(Psalm 31:14-16)

My thoughts shift more as I grow in relationship with God.  He speaks Truth to me so I may not lose sight of Him or fall to worldly things.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
(Romans 12:2)

Renewing our minds daily through His Word is vital to our Christian lives.  Continual study allows our minds and hearts to hear Him over satan's lies.  I found it so important to know His Truths so as to hear the ways He would like me to turn.  When the storms hit and satan's lies swarm around you, keep your focus on Him.  Shift your thoughts to be in accordance to God's Truths.  He will bring you through and the lessons learned bond you closer to Him.

pray continually,
(1 Thessalonians 5:17)

I am loving Mandisa's new song, "Stronger".  Check it out!  

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for speaking to me daily and holding me in Your Hands.  May I continue to hear You among all the chaos of daily living.  I have much to learn about You.  Bear with me God, I am a slow learner.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig



No comments:

Post a Comment