Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Hope Day!

“Hope” in Scripture means “a strong and confident expectation.”
-J.Hampton Keathley III, Th.M. (bible.org)

Hope deals with unseen events or things.

"For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?  But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
(Romans 8:24-25) 

Today, we celebrate Hope Day in the Craig household.  My son received a request at Sunday school to create a Hope Day for the family.  Well, he chose today.  We made a special dessert for tonight after supper and will discuss 'hope' while eating.

Over time, hope lost strength in it's meaning.  We use hope interchangeably with wish.  Wishes usually involve something unattainable or come through pure luck.  Hope is so much more.  It is found only through God.  He remains the only source for hope.

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
   my hope comes from him."
(Psalm 62:5) 

We must revert back to the true meaning behind hope.  Don't hope for a new car, baseball practice to occur, to win the lottery, to pass a test in school, win a game or for rain to cease!  Place your hope in the Lord.  For He takes care of all things.  We are promised an inheritance which never perishes, a living hope (see 1 Peter 1:3-5).  It is not by luck or a mere wish that God planned our life, holds a place in Heaven for us and provides joy each day.  Our hope remains in Him, with confidence of knowing what Jesus did, does and promises to do for us. 

Hope provides an excitement knowing glorious results lay ahead.  Though we do not see Him, we place all hope in Him who loves us (see 1 Peter 1:8-9).

I hope each day God will keep my eyes on Him so I may see every blessing I receive here on Earth.
I hope God waters all the seeds I find opportunity to plant.
I hope my love for Him spreads like wildfire to all I meet.
I hope in Him!

I hold a confident expectation that God will provide all these hopes I possess.
Forget wishes, fix your thoughts on something real - hope in the grace given to you as a gift!

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for another day to work for You.  Be with me through this day, keep my eyes open to the blessings You continuously provide.  May every step I take be in obedience to Your Will.  May I place my hope in You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment