Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Care - Love - Enjoy

My husband volunteers in a baseball organization (reason for mini-vacation to Philadelphia).  We went to dinner last night with a staff member from the organization.  I sat in on the conversation concerning needed improvements for growth and to create a better work environment for the volunteers.  I continue to listen in amazement at the great ideas being thrown from both parties.  I knew my husband bled baseball, but did not really grasp how equipped he was for this position.  He gives 100% to his volunteer duties because he cares, loves and enjoys baseball.  He wants to see it grow and touch many children's lives.  The organization brings pride to these children who belong to a team and can build a skill.

I remember when my husband began his baseball career as an umpire about 12 years ago.  The volunteer position came into the picture about 4 years ago.  I attended many games he umpired and the words thrown his way were ugly.  The hot, sticky nights presented rough conditions to be under so much equipment for so long a period.  He worked hard and pushed through it all because he cared, loved and enjoyed baseball. 

I sit and think about this example of a guy who started at one of the lowest levels with a loving attitude, working at 100% and enduring the hardships which came with the title.  He read all the rule books to be better equipped for this work.  Day after day, his knowledge grew and opportunities popped up right and left.  This guy was patient, never taking a step off the path laid for this calling.  Now, he works diligently in a position he never dreamed would come in the path.  God only knows the direction of this path and my husband obeys with each step. 

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

"If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.  All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God:" (Deuteronomy 28:1-2)

God created a path for us to carefully follow and fully obey with each step.  He builds our hearts, minds and souls up to do good works for Him.  As He sees us handle the smaller tasks with care, He brings bigger tasks our way.  Our attitude must be positive and enjoy what He places in front of us before any new doors may be opened.   

In order to know the way to follow, we must read His Truths (our rule book) to better equip us for each work.  Our relationship grows as we clothe ourselves in His Word and opportunities to serve continue to present themselves.  Be patient and know where He is leading will bring righteousness.

Jesus worked hard for us and obeyed.  He pushed through the hardships and ugly words thrown His way because He cared, loved and enjoyed pleasing God.  May we take every situation and go through because we care, love and enjoy pleasing Our Creator. 

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for building such a man up to be my teammate in this world.  I learn so much from him and see You loving him daily.  Continue to bless my husband and keep my eyes open to all the good inside him.  The lies of the devil often blind me from the good.  Give me strength to quickly combat those lies, teach me Your Truths as I study Your rule book.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment