Friday, May 27, 2011

Listen To The Coach

I go about my day keeping the house in order to my best ability.  Staying home part-time allows for no rest.  Some might think mothers get to rest during nap time or can sit and watch their child play throughout the day.  WRONG!  No rest exists as a stay at home mom. 

"I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me.  However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace." (Acts 20:23-24)

Guess what, one person need not do it all!  Family means more than just occupying the same home together.  Families need to work together and become the team God created.  His hands brought every family together for He knew these individuals were the perfect match for His plan.  If we fail to work together, we fail to fulfill His plan. 

Think about a basketball team.  If one person keeps the ball, allowing the entire defense to come upon them, a goal will never be made.  If each player touches the ball and passes to the one who is open at the time, then the defense cannot focus and a goal can be made.  Just so, a family must work together to keep the home functioning.  No one should sit the bench, or couch, whichever you may choose to envision!  Pass the workload to another teammate who stands ready.  If one person feels the need to do all the work, the defense (satan) will demolish and destroy any chance of completing a task.

Life may bring some hard times to a family, but keep God as the center and don't lose focus.  He will provide the strength, comfort and words needed to make it through anything if only you lean on Him.  As a family works together, love grows and joy follows. 

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8)

I found out that my family cannot read my mind.  Yeah, go figure!  So, if something needs to be done, if I need rescued, all I need do is ASK.  We created a chore chart in our house and began it yesterday.  It worked out great for supper time.  Teamwork brought us to a family meal.  Before I would just sit and stew in my negative thoughts wishing the family would see I needed some help.  Last night, I asked and my husband rescued me by occupying the kids while I finished up supper.  The kids did their part in preparation and clean up, so we had 'family time' afterwards. 

Although God knows our needs before we ask, He still would like to hear from your mouth.  Prayer is powerful.  Your words show genuine feeling.  The one who seeks, finds; the one who asks, receives; and the one who knocks, the door opens.  We must study His Truth so we may know which direction to seek, how to ask and be able to choose the correct door.  God may not answer yes all the time.  Do not lose heart, for He may have bigger plans ahead.  My dear friend told me, "God answers prayers in three ways; yes, not yet, or I have something better."

Keep your head up and know communication is vital for any team.  Our family is our team, with God as the coach.  Listen for each play to be called and then follow through.  The moves He asks for us to take will bring victory over our defense, satan. 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for bringing my family together and creating the perfect Craig team.  May we continue to keep You as our center every day.  May patience come over me and know my family cannot read my mind.  May I ask with loving words to receive help and work together in any task.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment