Saturday, May 14, 2011

Avoid The Carnival

I observed, while helping at my son's school carnival, the children ran from game to game with anticipation to win a prize.  Children would return to the game just played in hope to win this time.  Their excitement and joy increased with each prize gained.  Still they would return to win again.

This went on for three hours.  With each try, their strategies were perfected.  The children enjoyed every part of the carnival.

In our lives satan uses strategies to win our minds over.  The lies spoke to us allow him to gain the prize of our joy and focus on God.  I see the devil running from trigger to trigger with anticipation to cause me to fall.  I envision him playing over and over in hopes to win each time.  As I lose my joy, he gains it and destroys my mind.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10)

 "and do not give the devil a foothold." (Ephesians 4:27)

"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." (Ephesians 6:11)

My triggers in life allow a whole carnival for satan to play.  I often battle all day to shut down the games.  With each prayer, God provides much needed strength. 

I began to clean up the game last night and the children slowly dwindled.  God will clean up your mind so as to weaken the power triggers hold on your life.  Lean on God and He will destroy our enemy.  Combat every lie with His Truths.

If the battle is lost and your joy stripped, take heart knowing God's Mercies are new every morning.  He will forgive and provide strength to overcome the lies next time (see Psalm 30:4-5).  Love Him.  Keep Him next to you all day long.  

God thank you for today.  I have failed You lately and allowed satan to play, win, and gloat about his winning.  I am sorry.  I am weak, but I know You are strong and will comfort me through these trials.  Guide my every step so I may follow You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment