Monday, May 16, 2011

Check Your Prescription

Without my glasses perched on my nose, I would be blind.  Each year I undergo an eye examine to assure my vision remained the same.  As I place my glasses on in the morning, I am better able to navigate around my home.  If I tried to use the glasses belonging to another, I would still be blind.  My prescription is unique to me.

When we walk with God, we must put on glasses each day as well.  The prescription for these is a bit different than your normal glasses.  The prescription includes - love, kindness, colorblind, peace, joy, forgiveness, patience and faith.  This prescription proves universal.  You need not shop around town for these glasses, simply grab a Bible.  The best looking glasses appear in His Word.  With each Scripture read, your vision becomes a little better until the day we meet Him and it will be 20/20!

Our glasses allow us to see others as God sees them.  Our vision becomes clear and through every situation we see God working diligently.  We will know who needs a hug, a smile, a hand and love.

"Do not be wise in your own eyes;
   fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
   and nourishment to your bones." (Proverbs 3:7-8)

We must be careful not to reach for the glasses with a prescription including - hate, selfish, racism, resent, bitter and retaliation.  Wear glasses of love.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."
(1 Corinthians 13:4-5)

God thank you for this day.  May I place Your glasses on my eyes to see all I meet as You do.  Keep speaking to me through Your Word.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment