Thursday, May 19, 2011

One Little Blue Jay

Which outfit best works for the event I am attending?  Will we receive a break to relax our nerves, get a little snack and use the restroom?  What does the itinerary look like?  Am I equipped to perform this task God requests?

These questions filled my mind as I prepared to travel with my dearest friend to a local high school and speak on Anorexia. 
I help my friend in a ministry - (http://www.livingintruthministries.com/).  We continue to grow at God's pace.  Take a look at our website! 

Well, God's latest request came to my friend a few weeks ago.  A woman approached her, after discovering the ministry, and asked if she would speak to a health class about her recovery with Bulimia.  She then asked me to accompany her and speak on Anorexia. I felt honored. 

My nerves remained fine until yesterday morning - the day we were to speak.  My stomach fluttered around rapidly and my voice trembled.  God, are you sure?

"in God I trust;I shall not be afraid.
   What can man do to me?" (Psalm 56:11) ESV

As we arrived, our anxieties increased.  We saw all the kids entering the school and waiting for first bell to ring.  Seriously, they are 10+ years younger than us, what can they do to us?  We trusted God to see us through the task He requested.

"That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?  Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"
 (Matthew 6:25-27)

“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
(Matthew 6:31-33)

Before entering the school, I pointed out the most beautiful little blue jay.  It perched on the visitor sign in front of the vehicle.  I love birds and took a minute to enjoy this beautiful creation.  God created the smallest of creatures for our enjoyment.  Even though small, God provides daily nourishment for this bird, shelter from the storms and material for a nest.  

God places such care upon this little bird.  Am I not more important than this bird?  Of course!  God will take care of me.  I need not worry about the details in life, but simply keep my focus on Him.  Each step must be straight without turning to the right or left, for evil thoughts and actions lay there (see Proverbs 4:26-27).  Worries decrease your ability to work for Him by consuming our energy.

God took care of us all day.  Every detail played out as He intended.  And now, He will water any seeds we planted throughout the day. 

 

One little Blue Jay spoke volumes to my heart.
Thank you God for this day.  Thank You for caring so much for me.  I know that no detail in my life slips through Your fingers unnoticed.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment