Friday, May 13, 2011

Enjoy The Preparation

Yesterday I informed my three year old of our planned lunch date.  She asked for all the details (what a woman!).  Location: Local country club – Who: Mommy, Daddy and Daughter – Time: – Atmosphere: Beautiful.

My daughter continued to ask when we would leave for the golf place to eat about every 5 minutes, starting at .  She also expressed how hungry she felt.  She just ate breakfast, as well as a snack so hunger was all in her mind.  Her anticipation for this grand lunch date with mommy and daddy grew with each minute passing. 

We went for a walk around the neighborhood but she could not enjoy any of the scenery; thoughts consumed her mind about the lunch date.  She could not see the beautiful bird searching for worms in a neighbor’s yard.  She did not appreciate the new sidewalks which had been laid for a smoother walk.  She missed the cute little dog that seemed eager to see us.

I tried to bring her focus back and let her know we would go, I promise.  I let her know we would leave at just the right time!  She must wait; enjoy the present moment as we prepare for that time.

“I remain confident of this:
   I will see the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
   be strong and take heart
   and wait for the LORD.” (Psalm 27:13-14)

“I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in his word I put my hope.” (Psalm 130:5)

In the same way our anticipation for worldly pleasures may keep us from seeing Him in our every day.  We must keep our focus on Him.  We must keep our hope in the Lord, knowing this is our temporary home.  Our eternal home waits with pleasures beyond our imagination.

Don’t lose sight of everything God places in front of you in preparation for that glorious day when Jesus returns.  If we miss all the details and instructions, we may arrive unprepared.  If I leaped ahead and left when my daughter wanted, I would have been too early and not dressed for the occasion.  I would have missed all the beauty seen on our walk.  Wait on the Lord, see the goodness He brings each day.  Praise Him for all your blessings.

God thank you for this day.  May I keep my focus on You and the plans you place before me.  May I enjoy every part of preparation as I wait with hope in the day I will meet You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment