Friday, May 6, 2011

The Perfect Team

So, the sun decided to come out yesterday for the first time in days.  I called my stepmom and we met to walk for a bit.  As we walked, talked and solved all the problems of the world (as women always do!), I thought back to when she first came into my life.  I wanted no part of a stepmom.  I would not even respect her enough to give her the title of stepmom (she remained introduced as my dad's wife).  OUCH!

My maturity level grew since that time and I now feel proud to call her my stepmom.  At the time, I still held all the anger, sadness, resentment and rejection from my parent's divorce.  Why would my dad do this to ME?  I did not want another woman in MY life?  I do not agree with this marriage, no one asked ME!  I will not allow her be a part of MY life!

Anybody see that I was totally living a life where population = ME?

Life situations occur not by our choice.  God plans every situation for our lives (see Jeremiah 29:11).  Trouble arises when we reject Him, flee from those situations and believe WE know best.  We must humble ourselves and accept the life He plans for us.  In order to do this, we must think beyond our own emotions.

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.  Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” 
(Luke 6:37-38) 

Who am I to judge?  God has taught me much since the day I met my stepmom.  The relationship with my dad and stepmom received healing only when I realized He is in control.  I needed to tear my walls down and mend those relationships.  God poured blessings in my life and used us as a family to further His Kingdom once I obeyed His command to forgive.     

Although families form in various ways, God knows which individuals create the perfect team.  God also knows He must remain at the center of every family so to stay on His Path.  As we pray through the trials, we bond closer and love stronger.  We must not turn against one another, but lean on God for direction and comfort.  

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for every breath I take.  Thank You for the conversations, the memories and the love I receive from each of my family members.  Forget the prefix - step - I know you placed each family member in my life to love me and care for me.  Thanks.  I love you.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment