Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let Us Speak F2F (Face to Face)

@TEOTD ; AAF ; B/C ; B4N ; BFF ; BTW ; BZ ; c ya ; def ; DEGT ; LOL

WHAT???

We live in a generation of txt, emails, FB, tweets and cellphones.  We dare not have a face-to-face conversation anymore.  That is so five years ago! 

Coming from a person who absolutely dreads conflict, I understand hiding behind an email, phone call or text.  Guess what my lovely friends - hiding heals nothing.  Hiding only brings much more conflict.  As a recipient reads a conversation (via email or text), the tone is set by the recipient.  It is impossible for them to feel the sender's heart behind the matter or hear the concern in a voice.  Calling on the phone can present the same problem.  The recipient is unable to see the sadness in the sender's face, the anger or the hope for healing. 

No wonder turmoil exists among people around the world.  Why do we fear talking with one another?  What would society do if all means of electronics vanished?  WOW, we may have to talk to one another.

As God released my bondage to Anorexia, He confronted me about relationships needing attention.  This presented conversations which were necessary for my spiritual growth.  I would rather speak in front of 200 people than confront a family member or best friend of hurtful feelings I experience. 

“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.  But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
(Matthew 18:15-20)

These conversations need not create fear.  You need only to bring God with you so healing may occur.  If the recipient is unwilling, bring more Christians into the conversation.  They may mediate and help with providing loving words.  If the recipient remains unwilling then give it to the church. 

Pray for open hearts and minds for both parties before beginning any conversation.  This allows God to work for the good and each party to consider the other's point of view concerning the situation. 

I found myself to dance around my points so to not be blunt or hurtful.  I just hope the other can read into my words and get what I am trying to say.  THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!  No person can read another's mind.  Gather your thoughts on paper so to get to the point and use loving words.  Pray before gathering your thoughts so God may be present to aide in preparation.  

I found God blesses each conversation because I am obeying His Word.  With each conversation, satan's foothold vanishes and no longer may he build lies in our minds.  

Where we gather together (in person) in His name, He always joins.

Thank you God for this day.  Thank You for pruning away my sins one at a time.  I must continue to stand behind Your Truths and face all conflict which comes my way.  God reveal any offensive ways in me, so I may surrender those to You.  May I bring closure to any open wounds so You may pour blessings on me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  


No comments:

Post a Comment