Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Country Girl

My husband and I took a subway to downtown Philadelphia and spent most of yesterday there.  The busyness of city life reminded me that I am so a country girl.  I like quiet, calm, home cooking, Mother Nature and fresh air!  Not so much as one of those did I experience on our walk yesterday.  I got loud, hectic, fast food, buildings surrounding me and car exhaust for air. 

Don't get me wrong, the experience created a memory, BUT I would not want to encounter this life each day.  Cities create beautiful skylines as well as provide convenience and entertainment.  I am okay seeing this only a few times in my life.  My anxiety rose with each passing minute.  To add to this pressure, all we have done is eat here and there.  The lies of satan poured in and he had so much fun playing around in my mind.  I stayed somewhat focused but still chose to believe some lies.  My mind was so busy with the chaos around me, I lost site of where to find peace. 

“I, even I, am he who comforts you.
   Who are you that you fear mere mortals,
   human beings who are but grass,
that you forget the LORD your Maker,
   who stretches out the heavens. . ." (Isaiah 5:12-13)

The moment I returned to the hotel, I sought God in the silence of the night.  I was reminded that it will be okay.  I once lived the lost life; not realizing sin consumed my every minute.  My eyes see now and I am no longer trapped by satan's lies.  I know His Truths.  AGAIN, I had to surrender all these negative thoughts to Him.  Thankfully, we serve a forgiving God.  Our Creator loves us regardless of our performance.  Though I encounter troubles which cause my foot to slip, He picks me up, restores my mind and comforts me once more (see Psalm 71).  God, You are amazing!

God reminded me this morning of Jesus being tempted by satan three different times.  Matthew 4:5-7 describes my experience yesterday.  It is written that God's angels will watch over me.  I will not throw myself down as satan would like.  

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.  My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (John 14:1-3)

So, I envision Jesus preparing a place for me in Heaven.  My place will overlook beauty, be calm, quiet and joyous every moment.  But, then again, no place in Heaven would be anything but what I just described.  Until that glorious day comes, I must lean on Him for the peace I yearn for each day. 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for beginning a new day, new Mercies and a fresh start.  I am here for You, use me to spread Your Truths.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment