Sunday, May 22, 2011

Inside -> Out

God continues to amaze me with each restoration of health.  Each faithful step progresses my walk with Him.  Each skeptical step only prevents any growth or healing. 

"Do not be wise in your own eyes;
   fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
   and nourishment to your bones." (Proverbs 3:7-8)

I find the adjustment difficult at times, for I have lived 10+ years in a sick body.  I feel like a foreigner in my own body.  I must remind myself I need not figure everything out, just trust in His miraculous work.  He will allow everything to work out for the good.  The nourishment I receive allows my mind to better focus on Him and work diligently. 

It amazed me yesterday as I mowed the yard, I actually sweat, my strength remained and I could maneuver the mower up and down our hill.  Last year, I there was no sweat, I hurt severely upon completion and the mower controlled me.  God is so GOOD!

I believe no matter the sin, God will restore if we accept His Grace.  The more we learn about Him, the better we may discern between good and evil (see Philippians 1:10).  Therefore, steps may be taken down His path laid for us.  Though the path be narrow and difficult at times, the outcome so outweighs any of the trials.

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.  The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." (Romans 8:5-6)  

The flesh must give it up and surrender so the Spirit may dwell in us.  I lived too long pleasing my flesh, lasting only short periods.  Pleasing Him allows a lasting healing, a lasting joy, a lasting peace and heals us from the inside -> out.  The process must begin on the inside.  Once your spirit comes to peace, He takes care of the other details.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for bringing new life to me.  May I continue to see the path You laid for me so as to receive more of You.  I am here for You, use me wherever You may need.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment