Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Continuous Movement

As I read "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren years ago, one chapter asks about your analogy for life.  I love this idea because I understand and learn through real life examples and analogies.  What analogy could you place on your life?  Roller Coaster, Train Wreck, A Race, Crashing Wave, Gentle Breeze, A Nice Sunday Drive in the Country?

My analogy remains the same.  I see my life as a ferris wheel.  Sometimes I am above, observing life and enjoying the beautiful scenery.  Other times I am below, amongst the chaos in life and surrounded with trials in this world.  I feel focused when at the top of my ferris wheel, able to learn and hear God's Word.  I feel stressed, scared and worry as I enter the hectic, busy life at the bottom of my ferris wheel. 

Hang with me here. 

I realize when life continues smoothly, I remain positive.  I feel better able to learn who I am, where He would like me to travel in life and always uplifted.  Living in the light, not the dark!

As trials approach and I see triggers ahead, I become negative and anxiety rises.  I feel overwhelmed with the chaos of life.  I sometimes lose sight of Him when enduring the tough times.  My heart screams to get off this ferris wheel and run away from it all.

"who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.  In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." (1 Peter 1:5-7) 

I have come to know God and study His Truths.  His Truths provide protection, comfort and assurance.  He protects me from all the fiery darts of my enemy (satan).  He comforts me in all my dark times and afflictions.  He assures me that He has my back and through Him all things are possible.

I am okay with the seasons of life which appear at the bottom of my ferris wheel.  When I approach these seasons, I know what I need - faith.  I must remember in those dark times what I just learned while in the light.  I must remain strong, knowing God stays with me and He guides my every move.  These testing times only strengthen my bond with My Creator and produce perseverance.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4) 

As my ferris wheel continues to move, I am the healthiest.  My faith grows, then I use my faith.  If stopped at either extremity for too long, my spiritual growth remains stunted.  What is knowledge if we remain unable to use it?  (stuck at the top)  How can I ever learn if I allow trials to keep me down and out?  (stuck at the bottom)

God thank you for today.  Thank You for my every breath.  May I continue to learn and use that to keep moving forward.  I know You never waste a hurt.  All times You remain at my side.  You are awesome.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment