Friday, May 20, 2011

Leaving The Corner

I tend to be slightly obsessed with cleaning my home.  Okay, OVERLY obsessed.  I typically keep it clean along the way so to not face a huge mess all at one time.  My clean house suffered the consequences of my crammed schedule these past couple weeks.  So, I dedicated yesterday to cleaning.  My little girl and I set out in the morning ready to tackle this job. 

I began dusting rooms and moving furniture to mop (no carpet exists in our home).  To my amazement, lots of dust bunnies continued to appear.  Really?  I did not realize it had been that long since I last cleaned. 

My frustration turned inward and I began the guilt trip of not cleaning this house enough.  Wow!  Does that really matter?  NO!  But, as a woman, one with OCD might I add, this was a big deal.

I battle lies such as this daily.  I often feel as though I never do enough.  I feel like my job goes incomplete because life happens and pulls me from my task at hand. 

Guess what my friends; God does not judge on our performance.  He loves each of us because He created us!  Sometimes I feel like a dust bunny.  A dust bunny by definition is a small mass of fluff and dust.  What is dust and fluff?  Junk, dirt, waste and material which needs to meet the trash can quickly.  I often want to find a corner and hide from the pressures in life because I feel like junk, dirt, waste and someone who needs to meet the trash can quickly.

"Though you have made me see troubles,
   many and bitter,
   you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
   you will again bring me up.
You will increase my honor
   and comfort me once more." (Psalm 71:20-21)

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10) 

God seems to always find me, hold me and comfort me through His love and grace.  All I need to do is ask and He answers.  I quickly replace those lies with His Truth and renew my mind.  I remember where to find my worth - in Him, not my performance.  I find strength through Him to leave my corner.   

God thank you for today.  Thank You for being my Creator.  I am here because You loved me so much to create me.  For that, I am thankful and willing to work for You.  Keep my thoughts positive and pure.  May all lies from satan quickly be replaced with Your Truth.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment