Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Room

I walked into my mother's house to visit and immediately received hugs, smiles and excitement for our arrival.  She stocked the kitchen with all our favorite foods.  She cleaned the bed linens, brought out all the toys for my kids and stayed up past "bed time" just to talk with us.  I never need to worry about forgetting an item because she always has everything prepared for our visit. 

As the day nears for our visit, I envision my mom bubbling with excitement and the wheels in her mind turning 90 mph to assure everything is in place.  My mother loves to see us and waits in anticipation. 

"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.” (John 14:2-5)

Guess what, my friend?  Jesus went ahead of us to prepare a room.  What would your room look like?  It is fun to imagine.  My kids and I discussed this very subject one night.  My son wants a baseball theme room and my daughter a princess theme.  I chose a room with windows surrounding.  I want to sit and enjoy the view.  My daughter became sad because she wanted to be with me in my room.  I informed her that she could visit mine anytime. 

In all seriousness, know how important you are to Jesus.  He waits in anticipation with arms wide open, a smile on His face and a place prepared just to your liking.  Your heart will be filled with joy and contentment will be constant.  If Jesus had a "bed time", He would for sure stay up just to talk with you.  His love for you is immeasurable.

I believe God sends mothers for us to display a fraction of the love He holds for each of us.  You are constantly on His mind.  He desires to bring happiness to you.  Accept Him into your life and feel the love pour in.  There is no feeling like His love.  He is all you need.

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for my mother.  She exemplifies Your love.  Keep close to her and continue to bless her for her obedience.  May I be even just half the mother she was to me.  Use me to teach these children about Your love and how You wait with excitement to hear from them each day.  You prepare a room for them in Heaven.  May they accept You in their hearts and develop a relationship with You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment