Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I'm With Him!"

The time is 8:30.  The kids should be sleeping by now, but I just dried off my drenched three-year old.  We traveled to her room only to find the drawer empty for her night diapers.  I tried to think of any hidden spots an extra may be - diaper bag, van, car or playroom (she likes to put these on her baby dolls).  None could be found.  So, looks like I must change out of my pajamas and head to the store (I was so close to just leaving my pjs on, but decided against it). 

I became frustrated.  Why did I not check the drawer?  Why had my daughter not told me she used the last one?  Why do I have to go to the store?  Nothing every goes as planned!  Quickly, I threw out all the "what about me" thoughts and changed my clothes.  As I headed out of the driveway, I looked up and out in front of my van.  WOW!  The sky illuminated the most beautiful shade of orange.  It spanned the whole view as I drove forward.  The artwork God creates in the sky never ceases to amaze me.  I could sit and watch the sunset every night. 

Just when I thought He could not paint a prettier picture, I exited the store and now the sky radiated bright pink.  The clouds sat perfectly to add character to the pink lines.  AMAZING!  I immediately thanked God for such a gorgeous view.  It brings such peace to see the Creations of God.  He never fails and everything He creates shines beautifully.  Just as a sunset displays beauty for all to enjoy, so does each person.  He created each beautifully in His eyes.  See through His eyes your beauty and all His Creation.

"And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. (Genesis 1:14-15) 

"Let us acknowledge the LORD;
   let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
   he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
   like the spring rains that water the earth.”  (Hosea 6:3)

So, if I would have continued my frustration and allowed Satan to mess with my emotions, I would have missed the beauty surrounding my drive.  Sometimes in life we become so focused on doing this or doing that; we miss out on some joyous times.  If an event does not go as planned, our flesh becomes very uncomfortable. 

We have two choices: choose Him or choose flesh.  

Choosing Him brings joy, peace and a better way of doing things.  Choosing flesh leads only to destruction.  I am not sure about you, but the latter sounds unpleasant.  One of my dearest friends once brought the point up that when Satan begins lying and stealing our joy, simply say, "I'm with Him!"  Those three words will kill and destroy the lies pouring inside.  Acknowledge that God leads your life and with every moment proclaim, "I'm with Him!"  Let His Truth consume your mind.

He appears everywhere, just look for Him.  Keep your eyes open to His Creations.  He planned each detail for our enjoyment.  Immediately thank Him for all the beauty provided.  He is AMAZING!

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for providing such peace, joy and beauty for me to see.  Thanks for the opportunity the other night to enjoy Your painted sky.  Keep my eyes focused on You and that every time something does not go my way I may remember, You are right there to carry me through.  Keep Satan's lies away.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

 

No comments:

Post a Comment