Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sliver of Pink

I rolled over at 4:00 am only to hear my human alarm clock going off.  I knew my real one would be ringing loudly in about 15 minutes.  I did NOT want to get up and go to work.  I gave my daughter her blanket and she quickly fell back asleep. 

I planted my feet on the floor to start my day.  My body, mind and soul screamed for more sleep.  I continued through my motions for the morning.  When time came to leave, I still dragged my feet.  I started my vehicle and reached up to God.  I said, "God, I am tired, I need more sleep, but I must go on with this day.  Be with me, give me strength and change my attitude to one that displays positivism."

The minute I hit the highway, He revealed my answer.  All the sky appeared clouded and a bit dark.  All but one sliver right in my view.  It exposed a beautiful bright pink.  Now, God knows how much I love painted skies.  I love sunsets and sunrises.  He sent that small glimpse of beauty to let me know He was right there with me, awake and ready to guide me through this day.

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ (Jeremiah 33:3)

"God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

"Surely God is my help;
   the Lord is the one who sustains me." (Psalm 54:4)

God provides for all who call upon Him.  He sits and waits to hear from you.  Ask Him into your life, so He may begin a work in you beyond anything imagined.  Bring Him into every decision, every move and every moment of the day.  He loves to celebrate good times, lift up in sad times, provide strength in weak times and protect in scary times.  He loves YOU! 

God sustains each of us through every day.  He provides strength and help.  Nothing experienced seems insignificant to our Father.  Whether it be losing your favorite pen a work, sleeping through the alarm, undergoing surgery or losing a loved one; He awaits your call for help.  He upholds you with His hand and guides you through each step needed to get on the path He planned for you. 

Open your eyes to the signs of His presence.  Believe He will provide and release all your anxieties, sadness and anger to Him.  The battles are His, not yours.  Let your Father work for you.

One little sliver of painted sky opened my eyes that morning to remember I am not alone.  He sympathized with me and carried me through the day.  Thanks God!  You are amazing!

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for every painted sky provided for my enjoyment.  I know You are near every moment of my days.  Keep my eyes open to Your presence.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment