Thursday, August 25, 2011

Send the Invitation

I am beginning a new class here locally.  As I entered yesterday morning, I became nervous.  I sat down, got everything out I needed and opened my Scripture cards to feed some Truth into my nerve-racked mind.  The worry dwelling up inside must be turned into prayer.  I read through many and began feeling relief, knowing God will protect me and my confidence lay in Him. 

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
(1 Peter 5:7)

Never will I leave you;
   never will I forsake you.”
 So we say with confidence,
   “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
   What can mere mortals do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5-6)

After reading these and more, I gazed out the window.  The sky, blanketed with clouds, opened in just one little spot.  The sun peaked through.  I felt a peace and instantly began reciting the lyrics to a current song by Jeremy Camp. . .

And Your glory shines all around us
Your faithfulness shown for all to see
When we think of all of Your wonders
The beauty of Your plan that's been revealed
We walk in Your light, we walk in it

Shine, bright
Let Your glory fill this land
Lift high, the King of Kings and great I am
Jesus, You are the way

 
Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  Greater is He who is in me than who is in the world.  God provided a physical indication to make known His presence.  I knew I would be okay.  I looked down for not even a minute and glanced back out only to see the sun hid back in the clouds.  Thanks God for speaking so clearly to me.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)

No matter what the situation, God will be present!  All He asks is to be invited.  Send out an invitation with every event you face.  No need to ask for an RSVP, for He will always show up.  Continue to take the steps He asks and know that you are protected.  He arrives early and stays through it all.  He will never leave, nor forsake you. 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for sending Your only Son to die so I may live an abundant life.  I ask You to come, fill my every day with Your presence.  Guide me with Your light.  Show me the path laid for my life.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment