Thursday, August 4, 2011

Destroy Your Label Maker

A person struggling with alcohol or drugs may receive a label, such as druggie or alcoholic.  Some one who killed - a murderer.  One who steals - a thief.  Other labels include - shopoholic, anorexic, bulimic, pedophile, adulterer, over eater, etc.

These labels stick with individuals after spending time in jail, recovering or paying restitution.  A person must work hard to be seen by society as recovered or having a new character.  Human eyes tend to place judgment, see failure in others and feel a need for punishment.  The world sees justice through punishment, then placing an trademark on you based on performance.  People see a stained character which cannot be washed away.

 "Wash away all my iniquity
   and cleanse me from my sin.
  For I know my transgressions,
   and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned
   and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
   and justified when you judge." (Psalm 51:2-4)

"Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.  There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?" (James 4:11-12)

We must avoid all judgment of others.  God forgave murderers, thieves, adulterers, etc, throughout the Bible.  He then used those individuals to do His work.  He never wastes a hurt, addiction, disaster or suffering.  He will use those who seek Him in mighty ways.  People are not to judge or label another.  Destroy your inner label maker.  We all hold only one label - Child of God!

God does not require works to release forgiveness.  We only need to ask.  He knows our hearts and knows when faith is genuine.

Any who judge, will be judged.  Follow His Law which asks not to judge your neighbor.  Criticism, judgment or resentment only destroy our abilities to mature as Christians.  God wants our whole heart devoted to Him.  That very person you may see as damaged just might be the one God uses to lead.  That instance which seems irreparable just might be the key moment to bring someone to know God and reach up.  Don't waste time looking through your eyes; look through God's.

One's character cannot be stained, for God so loved the world He gave His only Son to die and wash away all stains due to sin!  He took all of it, not just the 'minor sins'.  He washed away ALL sin.

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for the gift of Grace.  May I extend my hand in grace to all I meet just as I wish to receive a hand of grace.  Keep my eyes focused on You, so I may see others as You do.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment