Monday, August 15, 2011

Be Consistent in Character

My kids will use the argument, "She/he did it first," or, "She/he never gets in trouble."  At times I slip and spout out a word, in a rage of emotion, which I do not allow in the vocabulary of my kids.  They quickly say, "You said a bad word."  I retort by explaining I slipped and I am 28 years old.  Does my age really matter on my behavior?  Does recompense really solve a problem or argument?

It feels unfair when a co-worker receives no reprimand following misbehavior, while you follow every rule.  Some thoughts may be, "Well, if she does not follow procedures, then I won't either," "Why should I bend over backward and do what is right when defiance feels easier?"  I hear customers argue with me and other employees about always being allowed to complete their transaction even though contrary to policy.  Should we bend rules for certain customers?  Should we neglect procedures because our fellow employee did so and gets away without reprimand?

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2)

"So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left.  Walk in obedience to all that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess." (Deuteronomy 5:32-33)

"For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Doing what is right; walking in obedience presents difficulty when living in this world.  A battle occurs each time we choose to walk in love and concordance to His will.  We must not echo the rebellion in others, succumb to peer pressure or believe you 'earned' the right to bend the rules.  Choose Him.  You may appear in the minority, BUT the blessings received far outweigh the temporary acceptance from your peers.

Set good examples and slowly you will see others follow.  Be consistent in your character, whether at church, school, work, home or running errands.  If we conform to the nature of our environment, then any teaching coming from our mouth shows hypocrisy.  Avoid getting even.  Follow the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated.  Trust me, I have seen it work many times that the recipient of kindness comes around and treats you the same.  Be His hands and feet.

Satan loves to entice the flesh to follow him.  He knows exactly where to apply pressure in hopes to win your thoughts.  Our mind constantly battles between flesh desires and His will.  Leave your flesh at home.  Keep the enemy's lies at a distance by continually studying His Truths.  The Bible is the only solution to problems and the only guide for our decisions.  

Just because I am 28 does not give me permission to slip and use negative language.  Just because my son hit my daughter does not open the door for her to hit him back.  Just because a co-worker is absent at a mandatory meeting does not give permission for me to do the same the next meeting.  Just because a customer slipped through and made a transaction last visit against policy does not mean I will do the same this visit.  

Choose His Law to follow.  Each rule and procedure develops for a reason.  Set the example and lead others to The Truth!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for the chance to walk in obedience and live according to Your Will.  Keep my feet on the path set before me.  I leave my flesh at home and move in concordance to the Holy Spirit working within me.  Should I stumble, please forgive me and set me back straight.  May I go and fix any wrong by humbling myself to another.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment