Friday, August 26, 2011

Marvelous Work of Our Maker

It amazes me how the body works.  I have a few examples to share.  First, our body produces melatonin in our brain to help us sleep.  During the daylight hours, our body produces 10x less melatonin than during nighttime hours.  The light shines through our eyes and signals our brain to slow down on the melatonin delivery.  God created light and darkness.  He knew rest was needed.

"God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.  God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:16-18)

Next, we have the "fight or flight" reaction within our body.  Let's say we watch as a car crushes another human being.  The adrenal rush through our bodies brings enough strength to move the car off the person.  Believe me, it happens!  How is it possible to lift a machine 40x your weight?  Or, you come in contact with a ferocious fury friend while taking a walk.  Your body sends messages to the nervous system to react fast.  You realize it would be in your best interest to get moving before Fido has your leg for supper.  Your legs move faster than ever before, you reach your front door, enter and lock it quickly.  Lives are saved through the adrenaline hormone. 

"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
(Ephesians 2:10) 

My final example includes the glorious process of birth.  Conception, pregnancy and birth encompass many miraculous factors.  One is the release of oxytocin.  Our bodies realize the proper amount required for giving birth.  As the pregnancy moves along, so the levels of oxytocin increase to prepare for delivery.  Once that glorious day comes when God brings forth a new life, your body puts that oxytocin to great use.  The hormone allows for contractions to occur and the body to stretch.  This continues until you are holding a screaming, slimy, beautiful little being.  Then, as we heal our body balances out our hormones. 

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
      and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
      Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it." 
(Psalm 139:13-14)

Some call it science.  I call it the marvelous, amazing work of our Creator.  He did not miss a detail.  He took every fiber of our being and placed it together to work in perfect harmony.  The result - beautiful, handsome, wonderfully made vessels to be used by Him.  We were created in His image.  He loved us so much to bring us here and use us to further His Kingdom.

Our bodies are mere shells for our soul while dwelling among men.  This life is temporary.  These trials only come to strengthen our faith.  God promises eternal life with Him, not by works or good deed, only through faith and trust in Him.  We are temples of the Holy Spirit.  Treat His temple well, keep yourself healthy and turn to Him for healing. 

I look forward to the day I meet my Maker.  I yearn to see Him face to face.  What will I say?  What will I do?  I have no idea.  But I do know His arms will be open to each of us, ready to accept us into Heaven and never experience the pain or sorrow we do here on Earth.  It will all be over, our plan complete.

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for breathing life into this 'ole girl.  I am here to serve only You.  I had it wrong for years and treated Your temple wrongly.  I damaged much of the work You had done while knitting me together.  I know I am forgiven and I thank You for restoring the damage with each faithful step I take.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment