Monday, August 22, 2011

Two More Added

For a few months my dearest friend and family have been coming to church.  Something captured their hearts and Someone kept pulling them back each week.  With two kids, weekdays are busy.  They could easily stay home and sleep in on Sunday.  But they chose not to succumb to any excuses.  They denied Satan's attacks and came to be fed and worship our Father with fellow believers.  Their eyes opened to see purpose in this life! 

God brings us here to further His Kingdom and teach all we meet about His love.  We become parents and take on the task of leading little hearts to the Truth.  God desires all His children to come and spend eternity with Him in Heaven.  How do we attain this goal?  How do we live up to par and receive a ticket to Heaven?  What does it take to be accepted?

BELIEF - FAITH - TRUST - LOVE - HOPE - OBEDIENCE

 "With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”  Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day." (Acts 2:40-41) 

"If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God.  What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” (Romans 4:2-3)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:8-10)

" Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
   for with the LORD is unfailing love
   and with him is full redemption." (Psalm 130:7)

 "The LORD is my strength and my shield;
   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
   and with my song I praise him." (Psalm 28:7) 

"Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in obedience to him and revering him." (Deuteronomy 8:6)

So, my friends were baptized last week and accepted Jesus and their Lord and Savior.  I cannot begin to explain the emotions I felt as I watched them walk up the isle, holding hands yesterday at church.  They went before the church to place membership and tell all of their glorious decision.  My prayers were heard and answered.  God sent the Holy Spirit to consume my friends' hearts and souls.  

The Holy Spirit dwells among us.  We need only to accept the FREE gift of grace from God and allow the Holy Spirit to be activated within us.  We must choose to trust in God, allow Him to be our strength and ever present help in the trials we face each day.  Walking in obedience seems difficult at times due to the constant battle within our minds - flesh or Spirit?  Satan lies to us constantly to deter our steps from following the path laid for us by our Creator.  Place your hope and belief in Him.  Trust that He will fulfill the promises made in our Instruction Book for life.  He will not let you down.  

We need not earn a ticket to Heaven, keep record of our performance to get the highest score or cross our fingers wishing to be the one selected.  God gives grace FREELY.  Not by works or good deed will you get into Heaven.  Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, knowing that God sent His only Son to die so we may live abundantly.  Then, all things will be GIVEN to you.  God sits and waits to love you.  He is not keeping tally up in Heaven, yet He is standing with open arms ready to bless you.  Be obedient to His laws and follow His plan.  

God, thank you for another day here.  May my words today be Your Words.  Use me to lead all I meet to You.  Thank You for answering my prayers about my friends.  Keep a protection around their hearts as Satan begins to attack because he knows he lost them.  Keep their eyes focused on You.  Remind me each day of the FREE gift you give of grace.  May I continue to walk in obedience and rid me of any unbelief still lingering in my heart.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment