Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sing a Happy Song

Our family recently went to the movies to see "The Smurfs".  Each Smurf receives a name based on a trait they display.  For example, some include lazy, tailor, brainy, clumsy, dreamer, vanity, grouchy, etc.  Then, a task is assigned according to ability and need within the village.  They work diligently and must steer clear of the evil Gargamel.  He lives just outside their village and a protective 'portal' keeps Gargamel out.  He does not see the 'portal' and only the Smurfs know it exists.

Gargamel sits and stews up new evil plans to try and destroy the village, if he ever gets a foot in the door.  Meanwhile, the Smurfs stays protected in the village and sing a happy song throughout each day as they work.  Here are just a few of the lyrics:

La la la-la la la,
Sing a happy song.
La la la-la la la,
Smurf your whole day long.

Next time you're feeling blue just let a smile begin,
Happy things will come to you...

As they work, no worries come into their mind.  They smile, laugh and sing out for enjoyment.  Their work is not work, but FUN!

"Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations;
   I will sing the praises of your name." (2 Samuel 22:50)

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.  You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
you, God, are my fortress,
my God on whom I can rely." (Psalm 59:16-17)

"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.  There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines."
(1 Corinthians 12:4-6 ; 11)

God assigns each of us a task according to the ability He created within us.  No task is looked upon as trivial or insignificant.  God's plan includes for each of His Children to do whatever is asked of them.  We all must do our part for the betterment of His Kingdom.  As we obey and believe, He continues to protect our lives here and creates a place for us in our Eternal Home!  

The 'portal' for the Smurfs creates a barrier that Gargamel cannot find.  Each day put on the armor God provides so to protect you from our enemy.  The armor keeps Satan out and God close.  Satan can continue to stew up evil schemes to destroy us, but with God as your leader in life, Satan will not win!

Create an environment for your life where no foothold can even be seen by the enemy.  Wherever God takes you in life, sing a 'happy song'.  Whether He led you to care for children, elderly, cook, clean, lead, minister, etc.; do every task to the glory of the One who made you.  Every life you come in contact with could be led to Him by mere example.  God knows you can accomplish whatever task He delegates.  Sometimes tasks are easy, hard, small or huge.  Let Him use you in the ways He planned.

So, as a Child of God, what name could be given to you?  Work diligently for Him and display the trait He placed within you as He knit you together in the womb!  Think hard, pray loudly and let God show you yours.  You may feel as small as a Smurf (three apples high), but do not underestimate the power of God.  He will use you in mighty ways if only you be willing.

God, thank you for this day.  I feel You provided an encouraging spirit for me.  Show me where You want me to use it and keep my stubborn, negative attitude away.  May I sing praise to You through every work I perform.  Every work is all You!  I am merely a vessel for You to use here on Earth.  I am here, use me!  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment