Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Satan, Recess is Over!"

I clean and maintain the house, but not without a bitter attitude.  Too often my thoughts drift to think, "No one else helps me around here.  I have too many other things I should be doing.  I would love to just sit and relax and play with the kids."  What do these thoughts accomplish?  They destroy any joy and allow Satan a foothold.  I become blind to the help I do receive from others.  I place negative vision goggles on my eyes.

I go around the same mountain each time I take on too many tasks at once.  I got supper cooking, the laundry going, helping my son with homework, dusting the living room and anticipating my husband to get home.  As I run here and there, I begin creating a scene in my mind of how my husband's arrival will take place.  The scene isn't pretty.  He has not got home yet and already I am angry because I think he won't help me.  How fair is that to him? 

Satan loves these times.  My mind becomes a huge playground for him.  I begin to feel trapped, consumed with ugly attitude and stress.  How can I get out of this one?  How can I remove Satan's lies when he has already begun playing in my mind? 

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)

"Those who guard their lips preserve their lives,
   but those who speak rashly will come to ruin." (Proverbs 13:3)

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—  the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."
(John 14:16-17)

So, a fork in the road exists - one way leads to destruction and ruin; while the other leads to harmony and peace.  God sent the Holy Spirit to consume our soul and help in troubling times.  We must trust in Him to activate the power of the Holy Spirit within us.  Once activated, Satan loses and recess is over for him. 

The key to getting out of trials is to ask for help.  Reach up and seek answers from Him.  He created people in our lives to take the burdens off our shoulders.  Allow God to humble your heart and guard your words.  The delivery of words can determine the reaction of the recipient.  If I approach my husband the minute he steps in the door with a demanding attitude to help; the likelihood of receiving help decreases.  If I stay silent and stomp around in anger because no one helps; I only destroy my joy and my negative attitude trickles down to the rest of the family.

BUT, if I reach up and trust that He will get me out of this mess, my words come with humility and kindness.  It amazes me how willing my husband is to help if only I approach without demanding.  Harmony comes in the house, my mind begins to rest and teamwork occurs.  I like being part of a team with God as our coach.  Make use of the team God provides!  When the fork in the road comes upon you - choose Him! 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for rescuing me when I call for help.  I know Your hand remains open at all times for me to grab hold of and persevere through troubling times.  Help me keep Satan out of my mind and not create a playground for him to come and play.  Keep harmony in my home as we work to serve only You.  Guard my mouth and may any word I speak be Yours.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment