Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Drown Out Satan

Our family went to the drive-in movies last night.  We drove my mom's car.  As we parked, the vehicle continued beeping as long as the key stayed in the ignition.  The doors remained closed, windows up, yet the annoying noise persisted.  My husband looked all around for a button to terminate the sound.  Nothing worked.

The radio must play for us to hear the movie script, therefore the key remains in the ignition.  What could we do?  Maybe the neighbor's sound would be loud enough and we could follow along without using our radio?  Maybe we would find the button to bring this beeping to an end?  Maybe the noise miraculously will quit?

The movie began, the key remained in the ignition, the radio tuned to the station and suddenly I heard only the sounds of the characters voice.  Did my husband fix it?  Did a miracle occur?  NO.  My focus shifted to the right sound.  I knew what I needed to hear and tuned my ears only to those words.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
(2 Corinthians 4:18)

"Let your eyes look straight ahead;
   fix your gaze directly before you.
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
   and be steadfast in all your ways." (Proverbs 4:25-26)

In life, Satan's lies resonate loudly in our minds.  We search and search to find the off button.  The off buttons we find seem to only be temporary.  Drugs, alcohol, success, food, exercise, internet, etc. do not terminate his lies. 

As each season of life approaches, we must shift our focus to His Truths.  Sometimes the volume needs turned louder.  Other times, our eyes and ears need to tune to right station.  We must set our sights on what is unseen, the path He lays before us and our eternal home.  How do we achieve this way of living?

I will share with you a few things which help me focus only on Him so to drown out Satan's lies.  He created each Child differently, so He will speak to each in a different manner.  However, I do believe some common ways to listen exist.  I enjoy waking up before anyone in the house, reading a devotion, delving into His Truth and simply being still with Him.  It amazes me the lesson He teaches during this time.  Then, upon leaving the house, I take at least one of my index books filled with Scripture.  I read these throughout the day to remain focused on His Truth.  My dearest friend taught me this and now I feel awkward without Scriptures next to me. 

I love to talk about God everywhere I travel.  I love telling others how awesome of a God we serve.  Speak out for Him.  Be bold and tell all you know.  Surround your conversations around Him.  Let others know how to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Many have no idea how to see or focus on Him.  Be His hands and feet.

Some crafty person created a piece of wood which teaches a mighty lesson.  If you simply look at it, you see just a piece of wood with little beams going up and down.  Focus on it and you see the piece of wood displays the word - JESUS!  It takes effort on our part to see and accept the unseen.  Living as a Christian is not always easy, BUT it is definitely the only way to joy, peace, comfort and happiness!  Fix your eyes and ears on Him!

God, thank you for today.  Continue to speak loudly, for your servant is listening.  May my dial always stayed tuned to Your Word.  Keep my eyes focused on the path laid before me.  Guide my every step carefully so to line up with Your plan.  I am here, take me and use me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment