Sunday, August 21, 2011

He Invited Me

In the past I attended few social gatherings.  The whole process of finding just a tiny bit of confidence to go, coming up with an excuse not to eat all the "scary" food at the gathering, standing in the room receiving punch after punch from Satan and screaming inside for someone to help me escape the bondage was just exhausting.  The punches from Satan included, "You are such a dork."  "No one wants to be your friend."  "You are so unworthy of enjoying yourself, you haven't earned it."  I could never relax or enjoy the company of others because the food would be staring me in the face.  The others could eat what they wanted and have fun, I did not exercise enough that day to justify eating. 

I normally walked away in shreds unless I chose to escape through other vices and continue on with the night.  I could fit in with ingested confidence because it enabled me to relax.  Satan fed me that line way too often.  The miserable cycle continued for years.  How do you attend a gathering worry free?  What steps must come to enjoy the company of others?  When will the pain from socializing stop?

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments."
(Deuteronomy 7:8-10)

"Keep me free from the trap that is set for me,
   for you are my refuge.
Into your hands I commit my spirit;
   deliver me, LORD, my faithful God." (Psalm 31:4-5)

"Hear me, LORD, and answer me,
   for I am poor and needy.
Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
   save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God;  have mercy on me, Lord,
   for I call to you all day long." (Psalm 86:1-3)

Too often we allow Satan to convince us to STAY, when we need to listen closely as God clearly tells us to GO!  God chooses every event you will attend to better His Kingdom.  He will never leave you on your own at a gathering.  He may ask you to show face at your high school reunion (which you would rather sit home and pull your hair out one by one) or appear at the faculty Christmas party.  You may hear GO when reading about your child's classroom party or field trip.  A group from church sets up a fun night of games and movies and He cleared your schedule so nothing could get in the way of your attendance.  He may even ask you to bring others to your home and gather in His name.  

Whatever He asks or presents to you, His promise remains that you will not be alone.  He guards every moment, delivers you from traps set by Satan and loves you all the way through.  He is your confidence.  Don't leave Him at home.  Ask Him to consume the event, clothing it in His Truth.  Pray for your words to be His and your hands and feet to be His.  There is a reason for your presence.  GO and see what wonderful task waits for you.

I went last night to a gathering at my church.  Sure, I knew the ladies putting this together; I am in safe hands at church.  BUT, Satan tried to convince me I served no purpose in going, my worth was not up to par and I should not even try to mingle.  I fought those lies and took God with me.  If anyone would ask, He invited me.  I walked away feeling so loved.  Food was served and it was delicious.  I enjoyed a plate just like the others.  I met a lovely lady who God knew I needed in my life.  I shared laughs and smiles.  It was AWESOME!  Last night's event proves the healing power of God.  God brings peace.  God is AMAZING!

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for all the lovely ladies I spent the evening with last night.  Keep me safe in Your arms wherever You may lead me.  Thanks for the support and love.  Thanks for the words and actions.  I am a mere vessel, here to serve only You.  Keep my ears open so I clearly hear Go and not Stay.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment