Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Misery Loves Company

Satan steps up his game when we walk closer to God, as we serve Him more and with each time we tune our ears to hear His Truths.  His schemes increase in persuasion, his words increase in seduction and his blows stoop lower.  Satan does not care if others get hurt and loves to cause misery.  As we all know misery loves company.  He knows he is defeated and wants us to be his company in misery.  He wants to use us to entice others to fall. 

If Satan can get the leader of a family, church, Bible study or ministry to fall and become miserable, the whole operation will follow.  The result: God's work ceases. 

“I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.  I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.  My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.  They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.  Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.  As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world."
(John 17:13-18) 

Jesus came in this world and knows the difficulties of life.  He told of the protection we shall have once He rose.  The Holy Spirit followed Jesus and works within us to provide power and strength to carry out the good deeds for God. 

God sent us in this world to be His hands and feet.  We must trust in Him to carry out this work He began with breathing life into us.  He promises never to leave nor forsake any of His Children.  As we surrender, we will feel discomfort.  Yes, we will be joyous and live in righteousness, BUT our flesh will never be comfortable.  We find comfort in Him and peace flows inside us.  Then, we walk in concordance to His Will. 

Be aware, Satan prowls around finding any foothold available.  Give your lives to God so He may sanctify you through and through with His Truth.  Be ready, put on the armor provided by Him daily and know the battle is His, not yours.  Step faithfully and trust God will see you through.   He will never allow more than you can handle with Him by your side. 

Check out this new song by Matthew West.  I love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYDcvY2lfI

Don't allow Satan to amplify our weakness to tear us down.  Allow God to use our weakness to build up His Kingdom.  His power shines through our weakness that we may not boast of self but reveal the power of God (see 2 Corinthians 12:9).

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for protecting my heart and providing Truth to lead my life.  Continue to use me.  Take every weakness I posses and use it to reach others.  Consume me and rid me of myself so I completely surrender all to You.  Take my every move and direct it to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment