Monday, August 8, 2011

Endure the Storm

The thunder cracks and the sky lights up.  My son and I both jump up in bed from the loud noise.  Finally, some rain comes to our town.  Our yards have turned brown and flowers died off.  The ground thirsts for water.

If we could choose, we rather have a light, nice rain all day versus a loud storm for a few hours.  The storm can be scary, especially to my little girl.  She began crying in fear from the flashes and rolls going on outside.  I hugged her and moved her away from a window to lessen the noise and lights. 

Once over, I began to see some of the benefits of the storm - a rainbow, greener grass, color in the flowers and less humidity.  Okay, so the storm seems worth it now.  Sometimes we must endure the storms to bring nourishment to our environment.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." (James 1:2-3)

"who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.  In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." (1 Peter 1:5-7)

"Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

The next time a storm comes, stand firm and endure it.  Use the tools God provides to stay safe and remember He will protect you.  He will gather you in His hands and move you away from the core of a storm.  Cry out to Him and He will hear your voice.  We may not be able to avoid the storm, but we sure can allow God to see us through it. 

Coming through trials never seem easy, but hindsight allows us to say, "Oh, that is why I encountered tough times."  Whether it is a period where God needed us to rid ourselves of a sin or a time to endure so we may minister to others who experience the same; storms are necessary.  We can take the comfort received and pass it on, use the experience for the betterment of His Kingdom and walk a little stronger in faith. 

Don't allow Satan to use these times against us or bring us down.  Satan would love to see us crumble under the weight of trials and just give up.  Remember, God will never give you more than you can handle.  He will never take you where His Grace does not appear.  Reach up to Him, let Him take you through.

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for the storms in life.  I now approach them with comfort knowing as I endure, my faith grows stronger.  I lean on You for healing, teaching and comfort.  May I rejoice in the face of trials, for it is then that I am able to practice my faith and use the Truths provided to kill Satan's lies.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment