Friday, April 1, 2011

Ever 'Fly Off The Handle'?

So, ever spoke words and then wanted to swallow them back up?  How we deliver our words makes a huge difference in how the recipient ingests them.  If words are spatted - they are poisonous, if whispered - loving, if shouted - hurtful, if stated - demanding, if communicated with pray - healing, etc.

The action - to speak - encompasses many meanings, but my favorite one is to communicate.  Communication conveys that two partake, not one.  In a marriage, or any relationship for that matter, communication is key.  Communication involves listening and speaking (interchanging thoughts).  When relationships grow, we may find ourselves displaying only one of these actions.  Both must be present in order to find peace, love one another, build trust and mature together. 

  My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.  Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.  (James 1:19-21) 

The habits we build with our conversations may create turmoil.  We must come to one another with open hearts and minds.  Believe or not, we don't ALWAYS need to come out on top or have the last word.  We are not ALWAYS right.  God placed all His Children here, individually made, so as to compromise and approach the best solution.  When we walk around angry or become slow to listen, we will not receive His Righteousness.  He is unable to work things out for the good (the best solution) because we taint ourselves with anger.  

My husband is such a rock for me.  I often 'fly off the handle' or 'ride on my emotions', but he is always there to bring me back to God's Word and see the whole picture.  I am very stubborn, so my poor husband is constantly at work to open up my mind.  Thank you God for giving me my husband.

God thank you for today.  I know Your Mercies are new every morning.  Thank you for clearing my plate and allowing all conflicts of yesterday to resolve themselves so as to not carry them to today.  You are Awesome.  May all the words I speak today be pleasing to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment