Sunday, April 3, 2011

Would You Attend?

As I spend some time viewing the Final Four games and Opening Day for MLB, I see that attending one of these events can be quite expensive.  The price does not veer anyone away.  Some miss work, leave family at home or dip into saving accounts to pay for their ticket.  The experience is worth the cost.

Let us change the scenario a bit.  Say Jesus decided to come and speak His Father's Truth to anyone willing to come and LISTEN.  The event cost nothing and the seats unlimited.  Would you attend?

I emphasize listen because many times in life we may hear someone talk, but not listen.  To listen means to concentrate on hearing, to pay attention.  When God speaks we must LISTEN.  I am confident I would drop everything and rush to be front row to listen to Jesus speak God's Truth.  I cannot receive enough of His Truth.  I hunger constantly for more and more spiritual feeding.  He is Awesome and I love to talk with Him.

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand".  (Matthew 15:10)

“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know."  (Acts 2:22)

Then Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world— to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice."  (John 18:37) ESV

So, would you show the same support to Jesus as you do to a team of basketball or baseball players?  Do you hunger for His Truth?  Have you become of this world, allowing 'things' such as Final Four or Opening Day to supersede importance of listening to He who created the Heavens and the Earth?  I am not saying to deprive yourself of fun events here on Earth, but don't place them above Him.  Keep Him as the center of your life.  All other things will fall into place.  Listen when He speaks.

God thank you for today.  Thank You for surrounding me with love.  May I always place You in the center and listen to Your Word.  May I continue to be obedient and live in this world, not of this world.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment