Friday, April 8, 2011

Crowned With Royal Beauty

So, my in-laws (AKA Nana and Papa) purchased one of the best gifts ever for my daughter on her birthday.  They gave her a book which recorded their voices to read the words to her.  She loves it.  We listen to this book every night during our 'book time' with the kids.  It's her #1 pick.

I held back tears as we opened it at her party.  We listened to each page and the words spoke volumes, even to me (an old woman).  The story describes my daughter as a princess and the daily experiences of a princess. 

One page read by Papa says, "Her mirror isn't magic, but it always is impressed, because believing in herself is what a princess does the best." 

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.  Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." 
(Romans 8:17)

Did you know you are God's princess?  We are heirs to the King.  How cool is that?  We are royalty, (see 1 Peter 2:9), and as my daughter's book says, our mirror isn't magic but ALWAYS impressed.  When looking in the mirror, see yourselves as your King sees you, a princess.  He created you with special features, special gifts to use with every opportunity that arises. Honor Him and display faith in Him.

 "Let the king be enthralled by your beauty;
   honor him, for he is your lord." (Psalm 45:11)
 

The final page read by Nana and Papa says, "A princess is a wish come true, believe me, I should know!  I've got one of my very own, I'll never let you go."

"No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Joshua 1:5)

Too cool!  Keep in mind we are God's princess.  He will NEVER let us go.  He never gives up on His princess.  No matter  how lost we may feel, He is still there waiting for us to accept Him and run to Him.  He will heal any hurt, comfort always, love unconditionally and bless us abundantly.  God goes beyond the average 'royal treatment' which we know as humans.  He can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine (see Ephesians 3:20-21).  Glorify Him, praise Him!

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for breaking my chains and releasing me from Anorexia.  Thank You for healing me and not giving up on me.  May I teach my daughter to see the beauty You provide.  May I see in the mirror the person You see so I as to set a positive example for my daughter.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment