Monday, April 11, 2011

One-on-One Time

As I sit and think about God I am amazed.  We serve an awesome God.  One who gave His only son to die for each of us.  He made the Heavens and the Earth.  He planned each of our days.

God took time to perfect every little detail.  He allotted time for us to go and live in this world and time for us to rest.  This rest allows our minds to focus again and be ready to work for Him.  How do we know what to do for Him each day?  Turn to the Bible for instructions.  Spend time with God so He may lead you.  

My quiet time with God comes each morning.  Without that precious time with Him, I feel empty and my emotions ride a wild roller coaster all day.  God looks forward to spending one-on-one time with each of His Children.  It is during this time where a strong relationship may be built.  Just as one-on-one time with a child, friend, family member or co-worker brings a stronger bond.

Quiet time allows God to speak so clearly to us.  It is hard for us to hear God among all the busyness of life if we do not learn the sound of His Voice.  We must not allow anything else to compete against our time with/for God.  Stay in the Word daily, meditate on it so as to know our instructions in life.

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:8-9)

A wonderful friend led me to this scripture and I truly love it.  I challenge you today: Log off FB, put down the remote, let the dishes wait, fold the laundry later and give God some quiet time with you.  There is no requirement on the duration of your time.  This is determined by you and God.  Keep Him with you as you go through all your day and hear His voice.

God thank you for spending time with me.  Thank You for blessing me and staying by my side all day long.  I know my rest is very important.  My body is ready for You to use today.  Be my hands and feet.  As I lay my head on my pillow tonight and recall my day, I know I did not do everything perfect.  But I do know Your mercies are new every morning.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment