Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two Key Factors

I am amazed at the level satan goes to turn our hearts from God.  The devil uses anything he can to destroy our good works.  I firmly believe God will fight those battles, we need only to be still and follow His Path. 

Many days I felt helpless, defeated as I fell again to satan's lies.  I did not realize that little by little those lies were being combated by God's Truth growing inside me.  My spirit was so crushed.  God built me back up one piece at a time.  Healing is not a sprint, it is a marathon.  Our walk with God is everlasting, continually building us up with greater strength so we may minister to others whose hurts run deep.  We plant seeds and allow God to water them.  He will meet them where they are and bring them where He wants them.  Two things needed - FAITH and OBEDIENCE.

Teach me, LORD, the way of your decrees,
   that I may follow it to the end. 
 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
   and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
   for there I find delight.
Turn my heart toward your statutes
   and not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
   preserve my life according to your word.  (Psalm 119:33-37)

I must remember daily I am here for God, not me.  I am here to further His Kingdom, not receive praise or glory from man.  I strive only for His approval and love.  With this mindset, I find the peace I forever searched.  The void I continuously tried to fill on my own, now overflows with His love.  God brings so much joy.

God thank you for today.  Thank you for every breath I take.  Use my hands and feet to bless all those I meet.  May I follow the path You lay before me and be obedient with every step.  I love You.  

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment