Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Never Really Liked Pools!

This past week opened my eyes to the hardships we face as Christians.  It seems much easier to just continue to please our fleshly desires moment to moment and numb out rather than feel. I am adjusting to a healthy lifestyle, physical and emotional.  I run to God, not the world. 

In the past I buried all emotions, numbed out of life's trials and walked around with 8ft. walls around myself so no one could get too close.  These wall were built from all my fears.  I wanted to be invisible, left alone to swim in my 'pity pool'.

Well, you know what?  I began to drown in that pity pool.  No one was around to pull me out.  Or was there?  I was so blind that I could not see the lifesaver right in front of me, The Bible.  I needed only to grab hold of it and swim to safety through His teachings.

Accepting this lifesaver came to be my best decision.  He set me free and brought me from the depths of my 'pity pool' to a new life with Him.

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”  (John 2:31-32) 

I hold tight to His Word and run to Him for answers.  I allow emotions to come and accept them for I now see there is a time for all kinds of emotions (see Ecclesiastes 3:1-10 ).  This is not easy for me, but God sees me through and teaches me along the way.  I love being taught by God. 

My walls crumbled out of faith, knowing this world will disappoint me BUT God never will.  He will not leave me nor forsake me.  Wow, He is awesome!

There are times I find the devil inviting me to a 'pity pool party'.  I take the invitation and shred it with God's Truth.  No good can come from swimming in those waters again. 

God thank you for today.  Thank you for bringing me through trials with Your Truth.  May I remember all I learned so as to take it and teach others.  Use me daily to spread Your love.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment