Monday, April 25, 2011

Avoid Recalculating

Easter came and went yesterday but not without one big lesson for me.  It seems God loves to speak to me on Easter.  Last year I took part in a cardboard testimony at church.  You walk up with a piece of cardboard and on the first side it states your bondage, then you flip it and the other side states how God set you free.  It is that day I truly surrendered my Anorexia to God.  I clearly saw that God gave His only son for me, so I may be forgiven.  I give all of me to Him so He may complete the plans He has for my life.

"For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.  The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."
(John 3:34-36)

I had been rejecting His Word and believing satan's lies.  That day, God opened my eyes so I could clearly see Him and know The Truth.  Thank you God for the lesson.

Fast Forward one year.

This Easter another huge lesson appeared before me.  God spoke to my heart and revealed the sin I chose to pick back up along the path somewhere.  It amazes me how easily I slipped without realizing. 

The weeks leading up to Easter, God provided numerous situations where I needed to stay strong and stand firm on His Truths.  The chaos around me was not to bring me down, only make me stronger.  It is important to get to know God, know His Word and speak it out.  Daily, the armor must be on so to be ready for each battle.  Resist satan!

"Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
(1 Peter 5:9-10)

The situations resulted in much needed growth.  I was reminded again what God did for me, He gave His only son to die for me so I may be forgiven.  As I saw my sin, confessed and accepted His love, I corrected my steps to continue in the right direction. 

Our GPS loudly tells when we drive off course by saying 'recalculating'.  We must then make the choice to get back on course or take a wrong turn so as to never reach our destination.  Don't allow satan's lies to cause a wrong turn preventing you to reach your eternal destination.  Keep God as your GPS so as to never hear 'recalculating'.

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for the lesson learned this Easter, for me to clearly see the steps I took were not the ones You had planned.  I will continue to listen to Your Word and study each day to know You even more.  This will assure me to hear You over satan's lies.  I will not allow satan to change my course.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment