Thursday, April 28, 2011

Only One Cure Exists

So far this year we managed to spend lots of dollars on health care.  Whether it be trips to ER, family physician, allergies or the common cold, we experienced it.  We were doing so well and the kitchen counter remained bare of medicine bottles.  Well, the counter now holds four bottles of medicine.

My kids and I caught whatever  virus going around at this time.  As I examine our symptoms, I am able to determine which medicine best suits each of us.  As I read the directions for dosage, I follow diligently.  One teaspoon for my daughter, two teaspoons for my son and two tablespoons for me.  We each line up every four hours and ingest the medicine.  With each dose we consume, the virus becomes weaker.

Let us turn this scenario to our spiritual lives.  When spiritual illness strikes and chaos wears you down, reach for the only spiritual medicine available - His Truths!  Whatever your symptom may be, the cure lies in Him.  Whatever lie from satan created our illness and fogged our focus must be treated properly with the promises of God.  With every dose of His Truths we consume, the lies become weaker.

We must be careful not to reach for the wrong medicine.  Worldly things may appear as the way to rid ourselves of  illness in our spirits, but these only mask.  By accepting worldly things and failing to follow Him with diligence, sickness remains.  We must ingest His Truths and apply them properly with just the right amount and at just the right time in our lives.

Our family lacked sleep this past week and kept running on empty.  This weakened our physical body so as to be more susceptible to a virus.  We must not be too busy in spirit either.  We must not deprive our minds of rest.  Exhaustion only allows for satan to grab a foothold in our weak state and create spiritual illness.  Let us not allow ourselves to become weary and lose focus.  

Our Great Physician's Orders: 
Medicate yourself daily with His Truths
(Joshua 1:8)
Rest your mind so to not grow weary
(Psalm 119:27-29)
Be quiet with God so you may listen
                     (Job 6:23-24)                           
Be thankful for the gift of grace
                        (Ephesians 2:8)                          
Love and build each other up
(Ephesians 4:29)
Study and pray together
(Matthew 18:19-20)

God thank you for today.  Thank You for the spiritual medicine you provide daily for me to consume.  Without Your Truths I am nothing.  May I continue to listen and hear Your Voice.  Guide my every move.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig
  

No comments:

Post a Comment