Monday, April 4, 2011

"God, I Am Calling in Sick Today"

"UGH!  I have to go pick up groceries for my mom today, get my son to baseball practice, clean the kitchen up because I asked our good friend who needs some comforting over for dinner and visit grandma at the nursing home.  I am so looking forward to lying my head back down on my pillow tonight.  I think I might just call in sick for this day and wait for tomorrow to come."

Have you ever felt this way as you turn your alarm off in the morning?  Our attitude may be set for the day before touching our feet to the floor.  A bad attitude only opens the door for the devil to gain a foothold.

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.  But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you."  (Philippians 2:14-17)   

Wake up in the morning with a smile.  Avoid the snooze button.  God blessed you with another day to live for Him.  He holds your day in His Hands and blesses every step you take in faith.  He knows our heart and if we approach His Plans with complaints, we will be left miserable.  God will make all things work out for the good and allow you enough time to complete His daily plans for you.  He knows what you need.  (see Matthew 6:8)

Keep your focus on Him.  When helping another person, do not continually look at your watch.  Give your full attention to each person God places in your path.  How awesome for God to trust you with so much each day.  Be His Hands and His Feet.  

God thank you so much for this day.  Thank you for every person you bring to my life.  I am so blessed.  May all I do be pleasing to You and my heart remain sincere.  May all Your Plans for me be completed without complaints.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment