Sunday, April 17, 2011

Beauty Not Flaw

Olay - 'Love the skin you're in'
Avon - 'The company for women'
Mary Kay - 'Enriching women's lives'
Victoria claims to have the 'secret' to portray a beautiful body.

These lines jump out at women every way we turn.  Numerous companies compete to provide a product for a woman to enhance her beauty.  These companies manufacture substances to cover up flaws we women 'believe' exist.  Who informs us of these flaws?
     -THE MIRROR
     -SATAN'S LIES
     -SOCIETY

A product to enhance your beauty?  What?  Our beauty is not skin deep.  True beauty does NOT lie in the eyes of the beholder.  True beauty is seen through God's eyes.  He created every little detail of every one of His Children.  He knew I would look beautiful with brown hair, blue eyes, a slightly bigger nose and standing no taller than 5 ft. 3 in.  He counted every freckle as He placed it perfectly on my face.  No product can bring the kind beauty that God provided.  He began in our mother's womb. 

For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 
(Psalm 139:13-15)

Now don't go and raid your bathroom and throw out every beauty product you own.  I see nothing wrong in using them.  The problem lies when we search for self-worth through these products.  Let us turn away from the mirror and run to God's Word, the Bible.  Our self-worth is found only through His Truths, not the lies of the mirror.  Let us not criticize our Maker.  Let us praise Him for creating us.

Last night I fell victim to satan's lies.  My husband and I attended a wedding reception.  The lies began the minute I stepped into my closet to find an outfit.  It has been a while since I experienced such struggles.  This time around was different.  I knew who to turn to for help - God.  God and I walked hand in hand all night.  I did not combat all the lies, but I came through much better than in the past.  Before, I reached for alcohol, self-abuse or men's approval to combat the lies I heard.  Thank you God for seeing me through last night and loving me all the while.

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for keeping close to me always.  I know You made me with careful thought.  May I appreciate each and every feature and see beauty not flaw.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig
 

No comments:

Post a Comment