Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No Carry-Ons Allowed

As humans, we hold onto past failings, past hurts, past disappointments, past, past, past.  The baggage we carry only prevents us from moving forward on the straight and narrow path laid before us.  In Matthew 7, we receive instruction to enter the narrow gate for wide is the gate leading to destruction.  How can we fit through the narrow gate with all our baggage?  We need not take any carry-ons with us, we need to check our baggage with God so He may take them in His Hands and keep them for us.

Remember not the former things in life, but allow God to work and bring new, exciting adventures for your every day (see Isaiah 43:18-19).  The path God lays for us is filled with beauty, blessings, glorious work and many friendships.  Keeping our past baggage only prevents progress on His Path.  God wants to take all this for you and lift the burden.  He heals all hurts and forgives all failings.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1)

There is no return policy on checking your baggage with God.  Do not try to take them back.  Stand firm, stay strong through His Word.  Continue feeding your spirit with His Truths.

I spent 10 years of my life allowing satan to hold the harness, leading me down a path of destruction.  My days were filled with sadness, anxiety, a dead spirit and self-abuse.  I want this life no more.  I want to live my life for my Lord and Savior.  May God use me every moment of my every day.

Let us not focus on the past, but look up and follow Him.  Do not remember the sinful life of your past, but remember the comfort received from God to come through it and shed your baggage.  May you take the comfort you received and spread the experience to others so they may also take steps in faith and receive comfort.  No matter where a person may be, God will meet them and carry them to the path He laid for them.  Plant seeds, God will water them.

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for leading me, for breaking my chains, for removing my harness so I may not be burdened any more.  May I teach others of Your unfailing love and forgiveness through my past experiences.  Yet, may I never go back there again.  May each step I take be one filled with faith and trust in You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment