Thursday, April 14, 2011

Take a Census Of You

As a woman, I often experience days where it would be best for others to run the other direction upon seeing me.  I am short-tempered and warn my kids that I woke up with NO PATIENCE.  Do they heed the warning?  Of course not, they are kids.  Quite the opposite actually:  They run around pushing all kinds of buttons which leads me to the desire to pull each and every one of my hairs out.

It is days like these where I know I must pray my way through.  I believe I manage these days a bit better than I have in the past (my husband's opinion on this statement does not count).  I know God will comfort me at all times.  His Truths promise comfort.

By the end of the day, I actually become angry with myself for the emotions I feel and the lack of patience.  My motto for these days often is, 'what about me?'  Selfish thoughts only lead to destruction.  I must look beyond myself and surrender these thoughts to God. 

  "then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.  Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,  not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
(Philippians 2:2-4)

Yesterday, God guided me through two instances where my selfish ambition consumed my thoughts.  Both involved my dear loved ones.  God took my thoughts and turned them in the right direction.  I came out much stronger.  We must turn all poisonous thoughts into His Truths so as to move forward on the straight path.  As each circumstance is defeated with God, we find the next time around the battle weakens until it vanishes for good.

Though these days are far and few between, I must learn how to handle the emotions so as to not allow satan a foothold.  The 'what about me?' life is kicked to the curb, never to pick it back up.  I am here for God to work through me.  In order to do so, I must rid myself of me.  As Matthew West says in his latest song, move out of population me.  We must build each other up each day and look to help others with every opportunity.  God will take care of us if we work for Him and take care of each of His Children.  Our church mission statement says it all: Love God, Love People, Impact the World!

God thank you for today.  Thank You for revealing my selfish ways so I may increase my census.  Guide me each day down the straight path and may I plant many seeds along the way.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment