Saturday, April 9, 2011

What Weapon are You Carrying?

The past week my beliefs have been questioned by others.  I became defensive in my thoughts, then worried I could be wrong.  The devil took this second of weakness to speak lies to me.  I quickly ran to God and asked why my beliefs would be questioned.  God simply answered, because I want you to stand firm for Me and spread to others My Truth.  God provided the opportunity to show my faith.

God is amazing.  We need only ask and He will answer, leading our every step.  Our God guides and teaches along the way (see Psalm 25:5).  Spend time getting to know God, so when He speaks you may know clearly His voice.

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.  The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)

Waging war as the world does results only in blown out arguments with no truth to back you up.  In the past, my words were poisonous and walls rose in defense upon any confrontation.  I am a stubborn woman.  I thought I knew it all.

WRONG!!!

Now, I must fight that stubborn woman and run to God.  God provides the weapons needed in this world to demolish the devil's strongholds.  He provides Truth to stand on when confessing your belief in Him.  We will encounter others who question us as Christians.  Stand firm, put on the spiritual armor God provides.  Keep your sword in hand (the Word of God) and you will be ready (see Ephesians 6:13-17).

God thank you for today.  Guide me through all trials and I ask that all my thoughts be obedient to You.  I put on the spiritual armor daily and stand ready for You.  Be my hands, feet and mouth today so I may spread Your Truths.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment