Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lessons Learned

God is awesome!

Yesterday fell way short of being a glorious day for me.  As I grow in Christianity and mature my relationship with God, my struggles come with much more force.  I believe it is because now I must take them head on with the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God.  I can no longer numb out or run to poisonous things to ease the pain.  God asks me to stand firm behind Him and my faith that He will take care of me.

Last night as I laid down to try to rest my mind from the rough day, I began immediately to pray.  It was so nice to be quiet with God.  I prayed throughout the day, but just simple short prayers here and there.  These prayers I began to speak were from the depths of my heart.  I poured out my thoughts, my concerns and my hurts to God.  I cast all my anxieties on Him, for I know He cares for me. 

You've kept track of my every toss and turn
      through the sleepless nights,
   Each tear entered in your ledger,
      each ache written in your book.

  If my enemies run away,
      turn tail when I yell at them,
   Then I'll know
      that God is on my side.

  I'm proud to praise God,
      proud to praise God.
   Fearless now, I trust in God;
      what can mere mortals do to me?  
 (Psalm 56:8-11 The Message)

I must remember I am serving God, not man.  I am not to gain popularity amongst man or base my self-worth on things of this world.  I learned this last night.  In God I trust!  I praise Him!

God remained very busy last night recording my every toss and turn, entering my every tear in His ledger.  I asked Him to take my heart, take my soul and hold it in His Hands.  I crashed at His Feet.

Wow!  Did I receive comfort almost immediately.  He comforted me.  He did even more than I could have imagined - He sent my husband to comfort me.  I began building my 8ft. walls around me and my husband quickly came in, allowed God to use him and crushed those walls.  My husband showed concern and love for me.  I have never felt that depth of love from anyone else in my lifetime.  God works through people here on Earth to provide comfort.  I know this for I saw it last night. 

I am so proud of my husband.  He continues to allow God to work in his life.  He is my rock.  Thank you God for teaming me with my husband so we may go through every trial together with the guidance of Your Word.  I know many trials lay ahead, but I am ready with my armor and with the strength I receive through God, I will come out of darkness.

Thank you God for this day.  Thank You for the chance to begin anew.  Continue to guide me down the straight path.  May any trial my husband and I face be conquered through You and may we do that together.  Thank You for listening and answering my cries last night.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment