Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Emergency Plan Anyone?

So, last night a huge storm covered our area.  The radar displayed the severity of the storm with bright colors.  The electricity went out and it is then that my husband gathered the family up to move to the center of our home - the bathroom. 

The wind whipped around outside, the thunder cracked and the rain poured.  My daughter was scared and my son fired up, gabbing about all kinds of things.  He talks nervously when emergencies arise.  My husband walks around keeping stats on the chaos outside.  He continues to calm us down and plans our next move. 

A tornado by definition is a violent, dangerous, rotating column of air which contacts the earth and a storm cloud.  Tornadoes come in many shapes and sizes!

As we sat in the bathroom, we remained unsure of when or how strong the tornado may be once it reaches our home.  We also did not know which part of the house it could hit.  We sat in the center of the house fearing the unknown, clinging to each other and praying.  All we knew was this bathroom protected us. It was the safest spot in our home. 

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
   and with my song I praise him." (Psalm 28:7)
 

In the same way the center room in a home protects in a storm, God will protect us through life's storms if we keep Him at the center of our every day.  When situations become rough, when life hits you with darkness and storm - run to God.  Keep God close and remember during trials what He taught you in the joyous times.  As long as God remains the center protection of our lives, we can face the unknown without fear.  He will guide our every move and calm our anxieties as we give them to Him (see 1 Peter 5:6-8).  Don't fight the storm on your own, it is too big.

"Show me your ways, LORD,
   teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
   for you are God my Savior,
   and my hope is in you all day long." (Psalm 25:4-5)

Learn through each trial so as to be ready when another one comes your way.  We learned last night that our emergency plan and kit needed some upkeep.  Our flashlight lacked a strong battery, our radio broadcasted scratchy noises more than the voice of the newscaster and our children knew nothing of our 'storm plan'.  We were caught off guard. 

Have your emergency plan in place!  Stay God focused.  Keep your armor ready for the trials faced daily.  Study His Truths so you may cling to these when satan begins lying and working to gain a foothold.  Bring God in your every step so as to allow Him to protect you.  Praise Him through all storms of life. 

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for protecting our family last night.  We praise You daily for the love You provide.  May I keep You in the center of my life and run to You at all times.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment