Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Wrong Turn

Where in life do you feel passionate?  What activities bring joy in your heart?  Are these passions or obsessions?  Where would you stand if life did not allow for these activities or passions to stay in your life?

A passion in life consists of something which causes a strong amorous feeling or desire, love of something.  An obsession in life consists of something which dominates our thoughts, feelings or haunts persistently. 
 
As a child I became passionate about basketball and softball.  I loved the sports.  I belonged to different teams, met many friends and had a reason to live.  Right before my very eyes, I became obsessed with sports and felt this was it in life.  
 
Devastation hit when trying out for basketball my sophomore year in high school.  My name did not make the list.  Rejection!  During softball season, I warmed the bench quite nicely.  Rejection!  
 
Here lies the turning point in life:  Do I believe satan's lies or lean on God to see me through.  Well, I made a wrong turn on the path.  I believed satan and grew in bondage to Anorexia.  Little did I know, God was still there for me.  I rejected Him and replaced Him with worldly things, obsessions, yet He still loved me and did not count me as lost.  
 
"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
   he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
 
  The righteous person may have many troubles,
   but the LORD delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
   not one of them will be broken." (Psalm 34:17-20)

He protected me on the haunted, dark path I chose to walk.  I know God never wastes a hurt.  I see God brought me from the depths to beautiful life.  I cried out to Him and boy did He hear me!  I learned to lean on Him and know He is our ever-present help in trouble.  (see Psalm 46:1)  What an awesome God!  He says we will have many troubles, BUT He protects every bone so as to not break and delivers the righteous from all troubles.  Lean and rely only on Him.  I see The Truth now, God is the ONLY reason for life, not obsessions. 

God thank you for today.  Thank You for hearing me and delivering me from all my troubles.  Protect me through this day as I encounter any trials.  May I lean on You and not obsessions in this world.  I know I will never be alone or left with nothing.  I have You and Your Love.  This is all I need.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment